Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Pictures of the Eclipse


I still have some stories to share about the eclipse but haven't had time to write it up yet as I have been working on editing the photos. The photos came out better than expected so wanted to share a few of them with you. The one up top shows the full sequence of the eclipse from start to finish. You can click on it or any other picture to see the picture at full size. 

My camera worked well. I had it hooked up to telescope drive to tracked the sun. During the 3 minutes and 30 seconds of the eclipse I took about 20 shots. There were a lot of solar flares coming out of the sun and as you can see below. 

This picture was taken at the start of totality. The moon moved over the sun from the bottom right to the upper left so at the beginning we saw the solar flare at the top. At the end of totality we saw the solar flares at the bottom. 

I also managed to get a good shot of the corona.

I ended up combining a few photos together to show the corona and flares together. 

I still have some interesting stories and facts to share about the eclipse so will post that in a few days. For those of you who want to see a few more picture here is a link to a photo album of all my photos so far

No comments: