Sunday, February 8, 2009

Winter Projects

Winter is usually the time when I spend more time doing projects around the house. I don't mind doing project around the house because I am pretty handy and can usually get the job done the way I want it in the time I want it done. It also saves me a little money and replaces some of the exercise that I'm not getting because I'm not riding as much.

This winter so far I have put up a shed, insulated the attic, built some cabinets for the basement and probably have some painting in my near future. The other big project this winter has been getting my book ready to publish. I have spent a lot of time proof reading the manuscript, making maps for each ride and number of other little things needed by the publisher to get the book to print. Its almost done and I finally got some of the proof pages of the actual book and I am happy with the way it looks. A few more passes of proof reading and the book should be ready to go. According to the publisher, Falcon Press, it should be available on April 14th.

To provide some detailed information about the book for people looking to buy it I have created a web site NJRoadBiking that explains what's in the book. The site is very simple doesn't contain much more than a description of the book. For those of you who follow the blog and ride with me there will not be much new information here. The one part that you may be interested in is the ride sheet page where I have some ride sheets for some rides that I have done over the last couple of years but didn't make the book. There aren't a lot of ride sheets here yet but I will continue to add more in the weeks and months ahead. I have always wanted to have a way to share my ride sheets with everybody in the club so now that I have the web site set up this will be easy to do.

1 comment:

Our Lady of Perpetual Headwinds said...

Hey, Tom! Nifty site. I like the cue sheets and the picture of me and Blake.