Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Beautiful Desolation

In this months Bicycling magazine there was an article about how riding in bad weather can be beautiful. This past weekend was finally warm enough to go out for a ride. I took my camera with me hoping to capture the beauty of the winter landscape.

The truth is that the landscape is pretty desolate in the winter. The farms are all plowed and empty, the trees are leafless, and the roads are filled with salt and sand. There really isn't a lot of beauty out there. I did get a decent pictures of some trees along the Millstone river but this picture and the rest of the landscape would be a lot nicer in the summer. So although I enjoyed getting out on the road this past weekend after a few weeks of being stuck inside. I really didn't see anything I would call beautiful.

1 comment:

Our Lady of Perpetual Headwinds said...

Dude, you are so wrong. ;)

http://perpetualheadwinds.blogspot.com/2009/01/slugsicles.html