Sunday, June 8, 2008

Summer Has Arrived






Although summer is still a couple of weeks a way it felt more like mid August this weekend. Not only was the temperature well over 90 degrees but the humidity was probably over 80%. My home thermometer was so hot it went a little crazy and was reading a little high. It eventually cooled off to 96 degrees!

Laura had a ride in the book that I wanted to do but it was a long ride out of Frenchtown and I had to be back home by early afternoon so I ended up riding on my own. I am leading a hilly ride next week so I wanted do some hill training. I decided to drive over to the Sourlands and do a 45 mile loop. I started in Griggstown and headed Sergentsville and back. This took be over the Sourland hills and back. Since I was by myself I took the opportunity to explore a couple of roads that I haven't been on before. The Sourlands is a really nice place to ride and the ride would have been almost perfect if it hadn't been for the fact that the heat and humidity make it hard to breath at times. That and the fact that I decided to go up Lindberg at the end of the ride.

No comments: