Sunday, June 26, 2016

Tyler Park Loop


 Because Laura was off on a boondoggle in Bar Harbor for some "job related training" I ended up leading her Sunday Ride. I am mostly over my bronchitis so I decided to head to the hills and do something a little different. Since it is Sunday and the traffic would be a little lighter I decided to head to Tyler State Park from the Yardley Park and Ride. I was joined by Jim, Jack and Blake and did this route.

I have been to Tyler State Park in the winter but don't go there in the summer so I wanted to see it when it wasn't cold and icy. The ride to the park was a slow up hill grind. We entered the park through a residential neighborhood and then did a quick loop around the park with a stop at the boat house by the dam.

We then headed to the Schofield Covered Bridge and left the park along the gravel road. Except for the climb up the gravel steps the gravel was rideable


After we left the park we headed towards New Hope for a rest stop via the Van Sant covered bridge. We took a slight detour after the bridge to see Jacks old house.



After the break at Wawa we headed up slogged up hill then along ridge before finishing on river road. At the end we had 46 miles and about 3000 ft of climbing. I'm not sure if I would do the loop again to Tyler State Park but if felt good to be able to be back on the bike again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom,

It's been a while since we've ridden together. The link to RideWithGPS in this post went to your Sandy Hook ride instead of to https://ridewithgps.com/trips/9662251. No biggy. Kind of sweet for you to snare TWO historic covered bridges in one short ride in lower bucks county. However, I agree that doing Tyler was not such a great idea because it is not much fun to ride a road bike through it - especially down by the covered bridge there. Keep up the bike riding. Cheers! -JeffX

Tom said...

The link to RideWithGPS is fixed. Although riding the gravel path by the covered bridge is possible on a road bike it is not recommended unless the people on the ride are adventurous