Saturday, June 4, 2016

The Holy Kickstand

As promised before this weeks ride I performed a blessing of the bikes to try and get rid of the bad juju I have had on the past couple of rides. I brought with me the "Holy Kickstand". This is a non-denominational religious artifact. A normal kickstand helps prop the bike up and keep it from falling down. The Holy Kickstand is the spiritual version of a kickstand and helps keep the rider and bike upright at all times during the ride.



Using the Holy Kickstand I performed a traditional  Hawaiian hoʻoponopono blessing. Ho'oponopono is a mental cleansing where a person or group of people admit their problems and ask for forgiveness to appease the Ke Akua (creator). I then used the Brita water of purity to bless each bike similar to the asperges ritual performed by catholic priests.

Although I am not a trained kahuna I must have done a good enough job because the ride was trouble free. Laura, Jim, Bob and I did a ride around Round Valley. As it is most of the times we visit the Round Valley reservoir the weather was hot and overcast.



Unlike last week this ride had no drama just some good riding and interesting conversations. We ended up doing the reverse version of this route.  At the top of Lindbergh Laura peeled off as she had ridden in. Jim, Bob and I back to Griggstown. It was nice to finally have a ride with out any problems. Although I can't fully attribute the clean ride with blessing ceremony it didn't hurt so this blessing may become part of my normal pre-ride ritual. 


2 comments:

Belinda Cooper said...

Good tips. I will be sharing this with all of my friends! I like this post because it is informative and helpful to all readers. I would like to revisit this post. If you planning buy the Latest Cell Phone Accessories Wholesale or Cellphone Accessories & Partsthen please visit WholeCellUSA and get some discount we offer as in iPhone 7 Accessories Wholesale and other all type mobile phones accessories.

Tammy Tenny said...

This is just a fabulous blog as I was looking for right information on cell accessories wholesale and found your blog really awesome. It is true that cell phone accessories suppliers is a nice way to have a cut on the cost. There are a lot of companies that are selling lg stylo light up case , but finding one reliable is really hard. I found your website via Google while searching for a wholesale store for cell phone accessories, your website came up, it looks great. Thanks for your article and keep publishing more informative content!!