Sunday, March 3, 2024

Winter is Ending

Some where in the middle to end of February I really become sick of winter. I do explore some different areas and do some different activities in the winter so it can be a nice change of pace. The landscape can have a certain desolation to it that is beautiful and interesting in its own way. Take this picture of a pond in Allaire with the leafless trees against the winter sky for example.

 

However winter is cold. I have to wear so many layers that it is hard move. Although I can stay warm while riding there are always parts that are sweating and other parts that are cold so rides have to be shorter. It's just not as fun to ride in the winter.

This winter has been a little colder and rainier than normal which has made it even harder to get out for a ride. Today however was a beautiful day. It was mid 50s when I started a ride out of Allentown with Jack, Bob, and Ricky. We did a relatively flat 30 miles as I try build my mileage for the year. The pace was faster than I have done for few months and I still felt good at the end of the ride. I hope I can continue rides like this to improve my fitness. We just need the winter to end so we will have more warm and sunny days like today.

No comments: