Saturday, March 16, 2019

It was WINDY!!!

The title of the post says it all. It was a windy. It was no too windy to ride on the road but it was a tougher ride because of the wind. I had put a ride on the PFW Calendar from Cranbury. As soon as I saw there would be a stiff wind from the west I decided to head across Rt 1 so we would have a tail wind on the way home. I got Jack, Pete, Ken, Chris and Bob to join me.

From Cranbury we made our way through the back of Plainsboro and across Rt 1 on New Rd. There was a constant wind in our face and a couple strong gusts but it got better as we road up the canal and on Amwell before zig zagging south to our eventual stop at the Bagel Barn. This part of the ride was grueling not only because of the wind but we because there were two flats with in 5 mile (Chris and Pete) and there were problems changing the tube both times.

After Bagel Barn we had mostly a tail wind the last 15 miles back and no more flats. Because I had rode into Cranbury I ended up with 55 miles. It was a tough ride and I felt pretty beat after the ride. I plan to head to the pinelands next week so let's hope for less wind and warmer temperatures since it will finally be spring.

No comments: