Sunday, July 10, 2016

Some New Faces

Most of the regular insane bike posse was busy today heading to the beach with Joe so I wasn't sure who would join me on my ride. The ride was originally suppose to be on Saturday but because of wet roads and a light rain I decided to move it to Sunday.

Besides being concerned by the lack of people to join me I also got word that the bridge on 518 was out so I went early to check it out to see if we could get over it.



At 8:15 Bob road up so I knew I wouldn't be riding alone. Then a couple of other people Brad and Andrew also road in followed by Blake in his car who got there just before the ride because of the 518 detour. Then Ed showed up right before we left so I ended up with a good group.

We could of road up to Griggstown instead of crossing the bridge but nobody had a problem going over the barriers and lucky the bridge is mostly still intact so it wasn't to hard to get across.

After getting over the bridge we did this route which lead us up and over the Sourlands and across the Raritan River a few times before the stop on Wawa on 202. Although the Wawa is an OK stop I wish there were a couple of other choices.

From Wawa we did a loop up toward Readington along Cove and Pinebank which are one of the more scenic roads in the area. Then is was back along Raritan River for a few more miles before we worked our way back to canal and where we started. We had a really good tail wind most to the way back which was good for us but I bet the people coming back from the beach were wishing the wind wasn't as strong.


No comments: