Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy July 4th

It was almost a perfect weather weekend with  mild temperatures and low humidity. I got two rides in. On Saturday I did an off the books ride before a barbecue at my place.We did this route. I invited the insane bike posse to join me for the ride and barbecue but because of other commitments only Laura was able to join me for the ride which is too bad because it ended up being a uneventful but fun ride. The 66 miles went by quickly as Laura filled me in on her moments of zen in Arcadia National Park.  The only thing that slowed us down was a slight headwind on the way back but Laura still felt good enough to turn the 80 mile ride from her house into a surprise century

By the time I got back home most of the guest had arrived and I spent the afternoon in the pool and cooking for our guests. It was almost a perfect day with a ride in the morning followed by good food and family and friends in the afternoon.

On Monday I went to the all paces ride to check in with people I haven't seen in a while. I caught up with Larry who came in a boat of a Lincoln Continental that he is driving since he crashed his Focus. I ended up riding with Dennis and his C+ group and spent most of the time talking it up with Herb who I haven't seen in a few months. It was an easy 35 mile and a good way to end the weekend.    

No comments: