Sunday, February 21, 2016

Spring Break

logo
Although  I have spent more miles on my mountain bike than my regular bike so far this year the winter hasn't been that bad. We did have one big snow storm but it melted quickly and we have had  some cold weather like last weekend that made it too cold to ride (for most of us) but I have been able to get out more than the last two winters and have not posted any winter rants.

This weekend we had a taste of spring with temperatures close to 60 degrees. I convinced Laura to move her Saturday ride to this side of route 1. We meet at Mercer park and took a circuitous route to Roy's Deli that I put together. It felt good to be on a regular bike again. The route was mostly flat and the pace was on the slow side of B but I definitely felt the lack of real riding over the past couple of months.

It was good to see some of the regulars crew again and talk about the upcoming riding season and trips we might take. Although there is some probably some more cold weather ahead there is only 30 days until spring and more regular warmer riding.




No comments: