Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Camera Tricks

This falls has been disappointing from a photographic point of view. The weather has been rainier and colder than normal which resulted in less then spectacular foliage. I went out to the hills of the Sourlands this pass weekend for a ride but the only thing I took pictures of was a few cows. Laura had on these funky tights that have a weird sequence pattern on them that kind of look like tiny fireworks going. While taking a picture of the cows I snapped a picture of the tights but to accentuate there brightness I made changed some setting on the camera to make the tights look brighter then they really are.

Over this year I have been experimenting with all the setting on my camera and now have a good understanding of what you can do with aperture, shutter speed, ISO and all the other settings on my camera. I don't know if this has help me take better pictures or not but I do have fun experimenting. One thing I tried the other day was some long exposure shots which you can see here. With my camera I can take up to a 15 second exposure. Using a tripod you can get some interesting shots.

For Halloween we had a flashing light that we put inside the pumpkin. The light flashes in different colors and if you swing it around it creates a rainbow effect. I took this light into a dark room then set up my camera on a tripod then moved the light around in front of the camera a different speeds. As you can see this produced some interesting pictures and made up for the fact that the fall colors weren't that good this year.

No comments: