Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Halloween

Click Here for More Pictures
This time of year is one of my favorite times to ride. Its usually not too hot or too cold and with the leaves turning its a lot of fun just to cruise around and enjoy the view. This year the weather hasn't been too good. We have had a very wet fall so far so it's been hard find dry days to get out. We have also had a lot of wind which means the leaves have been coming off the trees faster than normal. All this has lead to a somewhat disappointing fall season.

So far the best ride I have had was last week with Chris. We did a 45 mile loop from Bordentown. It was a little cold but sunny and the leaves were close to peak. We stopped at Smithville and took a hard packed dirt path about half a mile to the lake where we got a nice view of the lake and the surrounding trees. We ended up riding back through Mt Holly and saw some of the Halloween decorations the town put up. If you look at the pictures I took you can see the witch hat lights they had on one of the side streets.

From Mt Holly we ended up making a lot of twists and turns to get through town and back to quieter roads. On the way back I through Bordentown. Bordentown has a Halloween parade and also gives out prizes for the best decorated house. It was the day of the parade so I expected to see a lot of Halloween decorations but didn't see many. It was disappointing.

I was hoping to get to the Sourlands this weekend since this is probably the last weekend the trees will look good but the weather again has been windy and rainy. Hopefully I can get out later so I can burn off some of the Halloween candy I ate last night.

No comments: