Friday, May 1, 2009

Rain Rain Go Away...

My planned ride this weekend got rained out. I did managed to get out for a few hours Saturday afternoon as there was a small window where the rain stopped so it wasn't a total loss. Since then the rain has been almost non stop with no sign of letting up.

On rainy days like these I like to curl up with a good book. One book I would highly recommend would be my book Road Biking New Jersey. Ok maybe its not this years hot novel but it will help you plan your next bike ride once if stops frigging raining. The book is finally available and is shipping from amazon now. The funny thing is that the new book is priced at $11.51 where as used version of the book (which are at most 3 days old) are going for $32. Its nice to see that that the book only gets better with age :-) So not only is the book a great read it's also a great investment (End of blatant self promotion)

The truth is that the rain has given me some time to get familiar with a new piece of software I recently bought for planning my rides. This software lets me combine street maps topographical and satellite data all on one map. So even though this week is looking like a rain out I should have some new routes mapped out when roads finally dry out.

No comments: