Thursday, May 28, 2009

Roebling River Ride

I am always on the look out for new places to ride in the area so a couple weeks ago when big Joe asked if any one wanted to join him for a his river ride I decided to join him. This rides starts in Mercer County park and heads south to the Roebling and Florence where you ride by the Delaware for a few miles. I had actually never ridden through Florence so this ride gave me a chance to explore a few new roads.

Even though Joe has done this route a number of times he still had to check the map a few times since little Joe wasn't there to guide him. We also had to shorten the ride a little since Herb had to get home by noon.

This all resulted in trying to find a few short cuts to get home on time. Some of our short cuts caused us to have to ride on Rt 130 and 206 a couple of times. We ended up getting back almost on time and including riding into the park I ended up with 70 miles.

Except for having to ride on Rt 130 and 206 for a couple of miles it actually ended up being a nice ride and not as urban as I thought it would be. After I got back from the ride I mapped out where we went and came up with a new route that I rode this past weekend. It is similar to Joe's ride without riding on any major highways and returns through the farmlands of Columbus.

Although this has a few urban spots its actually a pretty nice ride and a route that I will definitely do it again. It's always a nice surprise when you go exploring and actually find a new route. I have posted the ridesheet here for those interested in trying the ride.

No comments: