Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall Foliage

Sunday was one of those days when things just come together to create a great ride. Laura had a ride in the book around hills of Pluckemin to try and catch some fall colors but it is always hard to tell a month ahead of time how things are going to be on that day. The last time I did this ride, in the spring, the weather was cool, damp and cloudy so climbing the hills were just all work without the scenic vistas.

This time the weather a little cool but sunny and the leaves were just starting to turn. The views were great and I didn't mind the climbs as much this time. The ride would have been perfect if I had actually remembered to put fresh batteries in my camera. The first time I went to take a shot nothing happen and I realized that there would be no photos for this ride. I did take a few shots with my cell phone but the quality isn't great. Laura managed to get some good photos with her phone and Glen actually had a real camera with him that worked. You can see all their photos here and here.

I actually didn't mind that much that my camera wasn't working. It let me just relax and enjoy the views. Laura lead us on a nice route. I haven't been in this area much but there are some nice roads around here and I definitely need to come back and do some more exploring.

No comments: