Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The 2008 Adventures have Begun

Although the weather has been a little cold and wet this May I have managed to get out and do some fun rides. Besides the usual milk runs to New Egypt and Clarksburg I did a fun ride with Laura up in Pluckamin. It was a hilly ride so I took the Miayta triple with the new 12-32 cassette. It took a while to get used to the new gearing but there were a couple of tough long climbs that made me glad I had the new gearing. Now I have to work on getting my legs in shape so I can follow Michael up some even tougher hills in June.

The weather was kind of cold and cloudy and the roads were wet from a morning rain so it wasn't idea bike weather. Nevertheless Laura had a good crowd. It was the usually slugs plus Larry and Howie.

Despite the weather it was a fun ride in an area that I haven't explored much yet. Laura, as always, found some good roads and some nice rest stops. Although the weather prevented me from getting some good scenery shots I did take a couple of pictures of some of the more interesting things along the way. You can see the pictures here. I have a ride close to this area in June so I plan to go back to try and see the area again when the weather is better

No comments: