After the smoke cleared last week we have a few clear low humidity days. These were top 10 days so you had to get outside and enjoy the weather. This past Monday I join a friend of mine in the community and drove up to Ramapo State Park. We did a 9 mile hike along the mountains around the park. It was a beautiful day with clear skies. The trail was rocky so it was slow going but the views of the mountains and Wanaque reservoir were amazing.
There were also the ruins of the Van Slyke Castle to walk through.
We ate lunch by Ramapo lake.
Then we hike back up to the start. Ramapo State park had been on my list to hike for a while so I'm glad I finally made it there.
Thursday was another perfect day so I sent out an email to do a Pete ride out of Pennington. Pete usually leads these type of rides but he was away for this month so I thought I would lead one of his type of rides. It turned out that Pete was actually in town for a few days so he joined us for the ride. It was a typical circuitous route around Pennington. There were some rolling hills but no real climbing. These type of routes have a lot of turns and go through a lot of neighbor streets. It was a pleasant no hassle ride and a good way to enjoy the nice weather.
I usually relax on Friday's so I'm in shape for Saturday's ride but with another perfect weather day I decided to check out Double Trouble state park. This is the site of former cranberry farm so there are streams, lakes and bogs to walk around.
I used the reflection to get an impossible looking picture off one of the lakes.
Why is the water above the trees?
Besides the trails around the lakes and streams. There is also the old village itself to explore.
It has some old equipment lying around.
I love the rusted patina on the equipment.
I ended up with about 3 miles of hiking. There is a lot more to explore here so I will be back to keep exploring when the weather allows.
It was a very active week but when you have weather this good you need to take advantage of it.










No comments:
Post a Comment