Sunday, April 3, 2022

In Bloom

It is now springtime but the weather doesn't feel like it. Last Saturday I lead a cold and blustery ride to New Egypt from MCP. It was mostly cloudy with the threat of rain. Luckily the rain held off until the we were almost back. It was a light rain so we really didn't get that wet. 

This Saturday I did a ride on my own since I had to be home by 1pm. I have a good loop through Freehold from where I live. Although it was sunny it was just above 40 degrees and windy so I had to ride with my heavier jersey and jacket. This ride did give me a chance to break in my new shoes. I bought the same shoes I currently have the Specialized Touch 3.0. They have a metatarsal bump that seems to prevent my hot foot problem. They are also very comfortable. The last pair I got took a couple hundred mile to break in but the new ones felt already broken in. I just had to adjust the straps a few times during the ride to get them to the correct tightness then they felt as good as the old ones. 

The trees are starting to bloom and I got a picture of a couple of the white hawthorn trees just outside of Freehold. The blooming trees and flowers added some color to the ride I am just hoping for some warmer an less windy weather soon.

No comments: