Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Red White and Blue


The holiday weekend was a little longer than usually since the 4th was on Tuesday and most people either had or took off the 3rd for a 4 day weekend. Since we had a party planned for Sunday I road close to home on Saturday so I could get back early to clean up the house so everything would be ready for the party.

I'm not any more or less patriotic than most people but since I was born on the 4th of July it is required that I wear some red, white and blue during the holiday weekend. It started 5 or 6 years ago with a simple flag hat then a few years ago some one gave me the shirt then last year I got the shorts. I think the only thing left is the shoes.


The party on Sunday went well. It was a little warm and I was manning the grill so I was glad I was able to jump in the pool when I got hot. We have a Brontosaur in our pool this year to swim with. Its a blow up toy but if you put water in it instead of air it is neutrally buoyant and will chase you around the pool.   

On the 4th I went to the All Paces ride to catch up with some people I hadn't seen in a while. I ended up riding with Ira, Herb, Bruce, Larry and a few other people. It was a very relaxed and fun ride and gave me a chance catch up most of them.

In the afternoon I ended up going to a friend for another party so it has been a busy holiday weekend. Luckily I am also taking July 5 off to make it a really long weekend. 

No comments: