Saturday, August 13, 2016

Excessive Heat



Hot an humid doesn't even begin to describe the weather today. There was an excessive heat warning in effect today. Somethings these warnings are over used but today it was real. About three quarters though the ride sweat was continuously running down my face at a rate that made it hard to take a breath through my mouth or noise without sucking my sweat back in.  I got out early today to beat the heat but at 7:30 it was already 80 degrees and at least 90% humidity so there was no beating the heat.

I did a 40 ish mile New Egypt run and included Hill Rd along the way. I felt good for most of the ride but definitely felt the affects of the hot weather the last few miles. I have been watching a lot of the summer olympics games this past week and one of the things they talk about was how good athletes must learn to push through the pain. 

I have never been a competitive athlete but I do understand that pain and suffering are part of the sports we enjoy.

No comments: