Sunday, December 6, 2015

Day at the Beach

While some people headed to the hills this Saturday I headed for the beach. I had to some things to do at the condo in Avon so I rode from home to Belmar and met my wife at the condo. Its a 40 mile ride with a few rolling hills and not a lot of traffic until you get about 5 mile from the beach. I wanted to be at the beach by 11 am so I started at 8:30 am while it was still below freezing. The first 5 mile was a little cold but once I got going I was warm enough. 

The beach is a barren place this time of year which means you don't have to watch out for cars and people darting out in front of you as you ride only the ocean.  It was a good quick ride and by 11 am I was there and took care of the codo before heading out for lunch.

We didn't head straight home but took a detour to Tuckerton. There was a craft show there that my wife and I went to last year. They actually has some cool and unique things last year so we headed back this year to see if we could find some Christmas gifts. Unfortunately the craft show was no where need as good this year as a lot of the vendors that we like last year were missing this year.

Although the vendors were disappointing the museum where the craft fair was help is a nice place to walk around and includes a small light house which you can climb to the top of.  I also did find a new favorite dessert. Its called a cheese cake cone and it is exactly like it sounds only better. It is a cone filled with a really good New York Cheese Cake but what really makes it spectacular is that the cone is made of some hard caramel that perfectly comments the cheese cake. Its turns out the restaurant that makes this cheese cone is based on Cranbury so I will now know where I can get a supply of this new dessert. 



Besides stopping in Tuckerton we also made a quick stop in Smithville for lunch since it was only a few miles down the road. We usually eat at the Smithville Inn but since it was such a nice day they were completely booked. We ended up eating at the the other pub in Smithville before doing some more shopping and finally heading home.




No comments: