Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thunder Sleet...WTF

So I'm just sitting in my house relaxing after dinner. It is another snow/rain/sleet snowpocalypse type of day. I'm watching the news and listening to NBC 10's weatherman, Glen Schwartz, explain how he was "surprised" by the amount of snow we had this morning..... Wait a minute here, isn't it your job to predict the weather. You have Doppler ten thousand, a team of meteorologists and claim to have the most advance weather prediction algorithms know to man and the best you can do when we get 5 inches of snow when you predicted a little bit of rain is to say "Well that was surprising"

He then goes on to show his prediction for the overnight snow storm with the expected snow amounts, which at this point I have no faith in. He even says that we may see some "Thunder Sleet". OK now he is totally making crap up. "Thunder Sleet"?

A half hour later sleet is pounding on the windows and all of a sudden I see a bright flash of light. Was that lighting? No it can't be. Then comes the thunder. Wow that was strange it's like the worst storms of summer and winter combined. I guess the locust will start falling from the sky tomorrow.

This strange winter weather has given me the opportunity to take a few interesting pictures. I'm sure I will have more soon as the weather doesn't seem to be getting better anytime soon.

Here is a nice one I took the morning after the snow storm right after Christmas.



In early January we had a really cold day. Our sun room is unheated and because of the pool the humidity can get really high. So the morning when it was 3 degrees we had a little ice build up on the inside of the room.






















Here is a picture of Chris while riding around Lebanon



















At the end of the same ride my camelback ended up freezing up. It was late in the day and getting colder. I now know that when it is around 20 degrees I should wear the camelback on the inside of my coat.

No comments: