Friday, August 13, 2010

Pineland Cruise

I have been spending a lot of time in the hills this year and only been down to the Pinelands a couple of times. The first time was a few weeks ago during one of those 90+ degrees days so we only did a little over 50 miles and really didn't get to far into the Pinelands.

This past weekend we had some nice riding weather so we were able to do a longer ride(62 miles). We also started the ride from Columbus which is a little farther south and let us get down to the heart of the Pinelands. This let us make a rest stop at Nixon's General store. Its a nice stop with decent food and comfortable rocking chairs in front.

I'm heading to North Jersey to do some more hills this weekend but plan to head back to the Pinelands a couple more times this year. If your interested in heading down this way you can check out the Bordentown and Columbus rides on my Ride Sheet Page or join me on my next club ride.

No comments: