Friday, July 24, 2009

The Perfect Game


I haven't posted for a couple of weeks mostly because I am currently on vacation in Chicago. Chicago is a great city and we are having a lot of fun here. You can see my Chicago pictures HERE. These pictures also include some from the town of Milwaukee which we also visited

While my wife and I travel we like to take in a baseball game when we can. Visiting the stadiums is fun since they are all different and have there own unique character. I usually don't remember much about the actual games themselves. For this vacation we visited the White Soxs, Cubs, and Brewers Stadium. Click on the links if you want some pictures of the stadiums

Yesterday however was a game that I will always remember. We went to an afternoon game at the White Soxs and saw a perfect game. There have only been 18 perfect games pitched in the history of baseball so the chances of seeing one is astronomical.

The game was relatively boring until the bottom of the 7th when everybody starting thinking this could be a no hitter. By the middle of the 8th the crowd was hanging on every pitch. Then in the 9th when DeWayne Wise made a heroic catch that robbed the Rays of a home run everybody in the stadium knew this was a historic moment.

This celebration after the game felt like the team just won a championship and went on for a while. Both my wife and I were pumped up from the experience and were high fiving strangers. It was a great feeling. Most baseball fans have two dream when they go to a game. They want to catch a foul ball (Did that at a Phillys/Met game 10 years ago) and see a perfect game. I know that I am one of the lucky few that was able to have both happen to me

No comments: