Thursday, December 21, 2023

Christmas Cheer

I'm not a big fan of holidays and family gatherings in general. I get along fine with my family and don't mind seeing them from time to time but getting together for the holidays is a hassle because everybody has different requirements and schedules so its hard to decide when to meet and what to do. At this point our nieces and nephews are grown up with their own families and they usually don't join us anymore so our gatherings are very small to the point it is not really worth getting together. In fact this year we are going to skip both Christmas eve and Christmas day gatherings as my doctor has advised me to stay away from any groups of people until I finish my treatment. 

I don't mind missing these gatherings as I will just see my family some other time. So for this Christmas season the only thing we did to get into the spirit was to drive around and see some Christmas lights. There is a place near us on Brandon Blvd in Freehold township where almost the whole neighborhood puts up professional displays at there house. 

 

It obvious from the amount of lights and things on the lawn that this is not done by the home owner but some company that comes and puts the lights up for them. There is no way you could put the lights on some of these trees or houses without some type of cherry picker.

 

I would like to see the electric bill for this neighborhood for the month of December.


It was a spectacular drive around the neighborhood and was probably as good as some of the places that charge you to drive you through their display. 

This is something we will do every year and one of the few things that I enjoy about Christmas.



No comments: