Saturday, June 10, 2017

Unexpected Metric

After last weeks trip to the Finger Lakes I didn't really have any definite plans this weekend. I knew I would be riding just not sure where. When Jim sent an email out asking what everybody was doing I too a look at the PFW book to see if there was anything interesting. I didn't want to do a Cranbury ride but saw there was a ride out of Reed Park in Allentown. It was only a 30-40 mile ride so I suggested to Jim and friends that we start from Edninburg to add a few extra miles.

I decided to ride in to Edinburg figuring I would cut off early at the end of the ride. So at 8am on Saturday I meet Jim, Ricky and Jack at the park and we took a less direct route to Allentown to get 10 miles in before the beginning of the ride. We got there a little early so had to wait for the ride to begin. Besides the 4 of us Chris, Bob and a few other people I haven't seen in a while went on Ron's ride.

Ron with Chris's help lead us down south to Wrightstown. It was good not having to lead and just follow the pack. It was a fast pace and we were quickly at the 7-11 rest stop then made our way back to Allentown. Even though it was only a 37 mile ride with the 10 miles before the ride and 5 miles getting to Edinburg I had 52 miles. It was 8 miles back to that start in Edinburg and the way we went back I couldn't cut off early and in fact had to add a few extra miles to get back home.

By the time I got back home I had 64 miles. I had not planned on doing a metric today but the weather was good and the riding was flat so I didn't mind doing a long ride.

No comments: