Sunday, March 20, 2016

Spring has Arrived


Spring officially arrived early this morning but it doesn't feel like spring time yet. Last weekend it was just over 60. I had my first official PFW ride and did a loop to Jackson and back. This weekend it didn't get much above the low 40s and there was a small chance of snow. On Saturday it was just warm enough to do a road ride. I wanted to do something close because I had someplace to be in the afternoon so I headed to Cranbury. Both Marco and Tru were there. I had planned to go with Tru but I hadn't seen Marco this year so I went with him, Chris and a few other regular B riders.

Marco did a speed run with a simple route with only a few turns to the same Wawa in Jackson I went to last week. The pace was on the fast side for me since I don't have many miles in yet but I managed to hang on.

Unlike last weeks ride were it got warm quickly this week I think it actually got a little colder by the end of the ride.

It was good to get another 50 ish mile ride in to start building the miles and aerobic base but I will be happier when it warms up a little more and I don't have to worry about which set of gloves to wear.

No comments: