Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pimping My Ride

Although I like to keep my bike well maintained I don't really care how it or I look. Some people.will spurge for a special paint job or add some accessories to decorate their bike. My main bike is polished titanium and after 10 years still looks OK except for pealing on some of the decals. The one small flashy feature on the bike has been the red value caps. The person who built the bike for me added them for character and I have always liked them.

Even though I have changed many tires over the years I have never lost the red value caps which is pretty amazing. However after 10 years they are were pretty dirty and beat up. After a quick web search I found Purely Custom which among other things makes custom value caps. The new value caps I ordered are anodized aluminum and much better than the old plastic ones that I had. They really won't make my bike look any better but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to put the normal black plastic value caps on my bike.

No comments: