Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Climb Every Mountain

Now that the trees have started blooming I can start thinking seriously about some of my riding goals for the year. One of my goals is to start doing some hillier rides with the goal of trying some of the tougher hills in the state. What are toughest hills in the state? Luckily someone did the research and came up with a list you can find here.  A few of these like Fiddlers Elbow and Breakneck are well known tough climbs. This is a pretty comprehensive list and although I am familiar and have done some of the hills on the list there are a lot more I haven't heard of. I'm not planning on trying to do all of the major hills listed but will try to knock a few off my list like Fiddlers Elbow, Iron Bridge and Millbrook.

This is going to take a little training to get in shape to tackle these hills and even then I expect I may have to walk up parts of some of these. This weekend I went out did some climbing close to where I live. Over the next few weeks I try to get to the Sourlands a couple of times to do some of the small hills so that by May I can hit the real hills in Pennsylvania and up in Morris County. Yes these will be hard and hilly but I promise some good scenery along with one of the best downhills in New Jersey. 

No comments: